Clariant - Innovative Product Solutions at 2014 Indonesian Cosmetic Ingredients (ICI) Show
- Sustainable and eye-catching personal care ingredients and new eco-labelled certified pigments
- NIPAGUARD® ZERO: new solutions for safer, confident preservation
- Booth # 61-66 Hall D-2 Jakarta International Expo, May 7 – 9, 2014
Singapore, April 30, 2014 - Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, invites members of the cosmetics industry to experience how its innovative range of product solutions satisfy even the most discerning market demands. At the 2014 Indonesian Cosmetic Ingredients (ICI) trade show in Jakarta from May 7 – 9, Clariant will introduce sense-stimulating ingredients and colorants from its extensive portfolio dedicated to the latest trends and preferences in cosmetics and personal care.
Products at Booth 61-66 Hall D-2 will focus on sustainability and natural origins, as well as consumers’ desire to look good and feel great. Clariant’s product offerings will feature easy-to-use colorants and dyes, natural emollients and a high sensorial impact. Plus, many of the products on display will be Ecolabel or Ecocert® certified.
In personal care, Clariant is setting a more eco-friendly standard, centering on the safety and effectiveness of its ingredients that are sourced and produced more sustainably. This has received an overwhelmingly positive response from customers. Highlighting this at ICI 2014 will be Plantasens® natural ingredients, designed to “surprise the senses naturally”. This innovative range includes plant-based actives, unique emulsifiers, waxes and a broad selection of emollients that range from vegetable oils and natural butters to alternatives to silicones, petroleum and lanolin. As the majority of Plantasens products are Ecocert® approved, they satisfy growing local requirements for the development of natural cosmetic products.
Clariant will also feature its Perlogen® range of pearlizing concentrates, which bring a sparkle to rinse-off product formulations. Offering the benefit of being cold processable and available with or without sulfates, they create an intensive silky shine in shampoos, liquid hand soaps, nourishing conditioners and moisturizing washes.
Also highlighted at the seminar of ICI 2014 is NIPAGUARD® ZERO – an innovative alternatives to parabens, developed through years of experience in preservation and supported by extensive testing. Four different safe and highly efficient blends to meet the latest cosmetic preservation market needs globally. Based on 100% renewable Velsan® SC synergistic booster to efficiently protect your formulation.
At ICI 2014, Clariant will reveal how its broad portfolio of colorants meets the present and future demands of cosmetics consumers by enhancing the appearance and performance of personal care formulations. It will bring two Ecolabel certified pigment ranges to ICI 2014:
- Selected water soluble Sanolin® powder dyes for cosmetic applications, included in at least one of the authorized use lists for cosmetic colorants in the EU, USA and Japan, meeting the high microbiological purity requirements within the cosmetics industry.
- Cosmenyl® and Cosmenyl® gran., are pigment preparations based on pigments included in at least one of the authorized use lists for cosmetic colorants for the EU, USA or Japan, suitable for the coloration of cosmetic applications in liquid, paste or powder form. Both are microbiologically specified. Cosmenyl are readily pumpable and flowable aqueous pigment dispersions whereas the Cosmenyl grantypes are dust-free pigment preparations in granular supply form which are easily dispersible in aqueous systems.
“The Indonesian Cosmetic Ingredients (ICI) show is one of the most important raw materials fairs serving the cosmetics industry in Indonesia, attracting suppliers and manufacturers from every corner of the industry. It provides an ideal platform for Clariant to present solutions that support the market’s changing needs for more eco-friendly products, and innovative opportunities to boost the appearance and performance of personal care and cosmetics formulations,” comments Hans Herrel, President Director for PT Clariant Indonesia.
Clariant can be found at the ICI 2014 exhibition at booth 61-66 in Hall D-2 of the Jakarta International Expo, from May 7 – 9, 2014.
Clariant will also be one of the keynote speakers at the seminar of ICI 2014. Mildred Estrada, Technical Key Account Manager, BU ICS, Southeast Asia/India will speak about NIPAGUARD® ZERO – Clariant’s safer and effective alternatives to parabens, halogens and formaldehyde donors based on 100% renewable Velsan® SC synergistic booster.