Skip to main content

Clariant Oil Services awarded the Peregrino Chemicals contract by Statoil

  • Increased production efficiency and lower operational costs
  • High-quality and safety driven services beginning January 1st
Houston, TX, December 16, 2015 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, has been awarded the chemical supply contract from Statoil, on behalf of the Peregrino license partners. The contract covers all chemicals used in the production process to treat oil, water and gas from the field, located offshore Brazil. The four year contract starts on January 1st and can be extended up to 10 years.

"This new contract is part of the Statoil strategy to increase production efficiency and lower operational costs, focusing on sustainable cost reductions in the long term. At the same time, it provides innovative, high-quality and safety driven services", says Luiz Novaes, head of Supply Chain Management at Statoil.

The contract's scope includes provision of chemicals, together with associated services of laboratory analysis and technical support. The use of chemical products is a critical step in the oil production process for meeting production targets, adhering to commercial crude oil specifications and yielding cleaner produced water for discharge or reinjection.

Clariant is a major chemicals supplier for Statoil worldwide, including Statoil's latest big discovery in the Norwegian Continental Shelf, Johan Sverdrup. Clariant Oil Services is a leading global provider of chemical technologies and services to the oil, pipeline and refinery industries, with infrastructure and representation in all major oil and gas locations, with state-of-the-art R&D and applications laboratories in the United States, Scotland, Germany, Brazil and Indonesia.

Peregrino Field The Peregrino field is Statoil´s first and largest operatorship outside the Norwegian Continental Shelf. It started production on April 2011 and produces today around 90 000 bpd. The field is located 85 kilometers offshore Brazil in the Campos basin at about 100 meters water depth in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47. Statoil holds 60% ownership and the operatorship of the field and Sinochem the remaining 40%.

Page summary

Summarization in progress