Clariant Healthcare Packaging to highlight global manufacturing network at CPhI Turkey
- Clariant taking part in pharma expo in Istanbul, June 1 - 3
- Three plants ensure business continuity for customers in region
- Desiccants & other technologies help ensure drug safety
Muttenz, May 23, 2016— Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, and its Healthcare Packaging unit will participate in the CPhI Turkey exhibition being held June 1 - 3 at the Istanbul Congress Center. The company will use the event to focus attention on its extensive global manufacturing footprint and its capacity to serve pharmaceutical customers in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region. Clariant Healthcare Packaging is exhibitng on stand C81.
Clariant develops and manufactures packaging technologies that help to protect pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and diagnostics from moisture and oxygen, the two major pathways to degradation. These include such standard products as desiccant canisters and packets, as well as tubes and desiccant stoppers.
Demand for different types of medical supplies and generic drugs has been growing across the MENA region and, as the pharmaceutical industry continues to grow, so does the need for high-quality, sophisticated packaging solutions that help ensure product safety. This is where Clariant's Healthcare Packaging unit can help. Manufacturing operations in Romorantin, France, and Dongguan, China, are well positioned to serve the region and, when it comes online in 2017, the newest site in Cuddalore, India, will further enhance the supply chain to this market.
Like the new plant in Dongguan, Cuddalore will apply equivalent specifications, quality standards, good manufacturing practices and controls as Clariant’s other global production sites in Romorantin and Belen, New Mexico, U.S.A. Compliance protocols are also the same, and pharmaceutical desiccants produced comply with US FDA and EU standards for contact with food.
In addition to enabling quick delivery in local markets, this network of manufacturing operations can provide critical back up should any one of the global plants experience a problem that disrupts production.
“Business Continuity Planning or BCP is critical to our pharmaceutical stakeholders who are more and more requiring that we have strong contingencies,” says Matthias Brommer, Vice President and Head of Clariant Healthcare Packaging. “Accordingly, we have developed a global infrastructure that ensures that we are prepared to deal with any market or operational disruptions.”
Among the products Clariant will be featuring at CPhI Turkey are:
- Drop-In Canisters & Packets: automatable desiccants have become the standard approach for pharmaceutical manufacturers to control moisture, odor and other volatiles. The active packaging platforms are customizable with various sorbent materials including silica gel and molecular sieve, as well as a line of engineered sorbents designed to maintain a specific equilibrium relative humidity. Desiccant canisters have an advantage in that they can be inserted into pharmaceutical bottles at higher rates of speed.
- Tubes & Stoppers: Clariant’s rigid tubes and desiccant stoppers make ideal packaging for diagnostic and glucose test strips, effervescent tablets, chewables, lozenges and similar products. Stoppers can be filled with silica gel or molecular sieve desiccant to provide the desired controlled package environment. Tubes can include 6-color printing and are conducive to point-of-sale merchandising.
- Oxygen Protection: Clariant offers a full system of oxygen protection for pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and probiotics, including humidity-neutral oxygen scavengers and Oxy-Guard® multi-layer barrier bottles in a variety of standard sizes.
Clariant Healthcare Packaging is dedicated to enhancing and protecting healthcare products by providing a full portfolio of controlled atmosphere packaging solutions that protect products from degradation and help maintain stability and integrity throughout shelf life. With a global production network and innovative product development, its products include desiccants, oxygen scavengers, active container-closure systems and multilayer barrier packaging.
Clariant’s rigid tubes and desiccant stoppers create an ideal package for effervescent tablets, chewables and lozenges, as well as diagnostic test strips. (Photo: Clariant)
Oxy-Guard ® IS A TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.
Clariant is a globally leading specialty chemicals company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On 31 December 2015 the company employed a total workforce of 17’213. In the financial year 2015, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 5.807 billion for its continuing businesses. The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant’s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: increase profitability, reposition portfolio, add value with sustainability, foster innovation and R&D, and intensify growth.