Clariant Oil Services to present at 2016 SPE Oilfield Scale Conference and Exhibition
- Conference and Exhibition has long been recognised as the industry's foremost specialist scale forum
- Clariant Oil Services will make two presentations
- SCALETREAT® TP 8385 and SCALETREAT TP 8441 scale inhibitors case history
- SPE179909: Introducing Novel Chemistry for Scale Inhibitor Squeeze Treatments on the Heidrun Field - Challenges Faced and Lessons Learned.
- This paper was co-written with Statoil and will be presented by Emma Williams, Clariant Scale Group Manager, Europe, Middle East & Africa, on Wednesday, May 11, at 11:30 a.m. in the Crombie B room.
- LIBERATE® SD 14002 iron sulfide scale dissolvers
- SPE179880: Dissolution of Sulfide Scale: A Step Change with a Novel, High Performance, Non-Mineral Acid Chemical.
- This paper, which highlights the benefits of Clariant's iron sulfide scale dissolvers due to lower corrosivity and broad spectrum activity, compared to competitive products, will be presented by Craig Kelly, Clariant Head of Regional Technical Services, Europe, Middle East & Africa, on Wednesday, May 11, at 4:30 p.m. in the Crombie B room.
In addition to the above presentations, Dr. Jonathan J. Wylde, Global Head of Innovation, Oil and Mining Services, is on the conference selection committee. He specifically focused on the development of the "Emerging Chemistries and Technologies - Squeeze Related" session, which will be held on Wednesday, May 11, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Crombie B room, as presenters discuss squeeze-related chemical innovation and the industries understanding of the squeeze process.
The conference, hosted annually by the Society of Petroleum Engineers, typically attracts more than 200 delegates from all over the world from a diverse range of operating and service companies and research institutes. This two-day event creates opportunities for discussing and sharing new experiences in all aspects of handling oilfield scale and is designed for industry professionals involved or interested in formation, removal, inhibition, and management of oilfield scale.