Clariant to Participate in Pharmapack Europe 2017
- Healthcare business lines exhibiting on stands C35/C37
- Polymer Solutions to show MEVOPUR® liquids, compounds, and anti-counterfeiting systems
- Healthcare Packaging featuring humidity equilibrium sorbents and color-differentiated canisters
Clariant Healthcare Polymer Solutions will feature three new and innovative options for polymer coloration, modification and brand protection:
- A new series of 'Controlled, Consistent and Compliant' MEVOPUR® LQ liquid color and additive concentrates, including a USP/ISO range with amber color for PET and PETG packaging, and liquid color and additive concentrates for use in liquid silicone elastomers.
- Increased capacity for producing MEVOPUR color and additive compounds along with its well-established masterbatch concentrates in its three ISO13485 sites in Lewiston, Maine in the U.S., Singapore, and Malmo, Sweden.
- PLASTIWARD™, a new plastic-based anti-counterfeiting system, developed by Clariant in partnership with SICPA SA. This end-to-end anti-counterfeiting solution includes security assessment, system design, deployment, and on-going monitoring.
Clariant business line Healthcare Packaging will highlight two offerings in controlled atmosphere packaging:
- EQ-CAN®, EQ-PAK® & EQ-BAG® products are specially engineered sorbents that can act as humectants (desorbers) and desiccants (adsorbers) simultaneously, maintaining a particular equilibrium relative humidity (ERH) inside product packaging.
- Desiccant canisters with bright red labeling to better differentiate them from drug products. Displaying an easy-to-understand pictogram and the words "Do Not Eat" in multiple languages, the colored labels offer a further option to support packaging safety.