Clariant's passion for paints delivers innovation and trend-focused support at European Coatings Show
Muttenz, April 5, 2017 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, addresses current coatings trends of health and well-being, convenience and multifunctionality, aesthetics, and efficiency in its new innovations to support the industry's development unveiled at European Coatings Show.
Under the theme Painted loved; It's innovation. It's passion. It's love., the Clariant Color Galaxy at ECS Booth 7-123 invites visitors on a journey through new cutting-edge ingredients and comprehensive color ranges that respond to current trends and market needs and recognize the shared underlying factor of sustainability.
Clariant also updated on its EcoTain® label as the company systematically integrates sustainability into its offerings. To date, Clariant offers more than 140 EcoTain products that often outperform conventional products, not only in terms of profitability but also with respect to performance and sustainability.
Christian Vang, Head of BU Industrial & Consumer Specialties, Clariant, commented: "Clariant gets to the heart of sector needs with its latest innovations. We support the trend to environmentally-compatible, odorless paints and an increasing interest in eco-labels and bio-based ingredients. We offer solutions that fill specific gaps in efficiency by streamlining paint production process and/or reducing formulation complexity. We're enhancing a coating's ability to achieve protective functions and deliver desired aesthetic appeal, and boosting ease-of-use and storage stability required to bring greater convenience to consumers and manufacturers."
The following Clariant highlights made their debut at ECS:
- The first hazard label-free, VOC/SVOC-free and renewable-based neutralizing agent for waterborne paints and coatings: new Genamin® Gluco 50, awarded with the EcoTain label for sustainability excellence.
- New stabilizers that will pioneer easy-application for biocide-free mineral paints: Dispersogen® SPS, and Dispersogen SPG, awarded an EcoTain label for sustainability excellence.
- New Exolit® fire protection ingredients for intumescent coatings that also prolong shelf life.
- AddWorks® IBC 251: a "tribo enhancing" additive for electrostatic powder coatings, providing an all-in-one solution for cost-effective formulations.
- Hostavin®1 TB-03: a synergistic UV absorber/light stabilizer for solvent- and water-based coatings.
- Licocare® RBW: a new family of waxes based on renewable feedstocks.
- For coloration, Clariant unveiled Hostatint™ A 100-ST, a range of nine non-halogenated, ready-to-use, highly-transparent pigment preparations that offer the entire color circle to solvent-based paint systems. Plus, Hostatint UV, a complete color range of high-performance, easy to use colorants for UV cured wood coatings to support the trend for colored UV systems.
- Visitors had the first opportunity to preview the automotive colors of the future with the launch of Clariant's Automotive Styling Shades 2019 Trendbook at the show.
Note to editors:European Coatings Show 2017 is held at the Nuremberg Exhibition Center, April 4-6, 2017.
A schedule of its event-specific congress and product presentations are available at http://www.clariant.com/ecs.
For each product mentioned above a specific media release is available at www.clariant.com/ecs.
EcoTain - certified products have an outstanding sustainability profile. Clariant's EcoTain label is only awarded to products that are identified as best-in-class for sustainability and performance excellence to customers. Products are screened against 36 criteria across three dimensions: social, environment, and economic.
™ FILED TRADEMARK APPLICATION® TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.®1 TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT