Clariant puts market needs first at ChinaCoat 2017
Muttenz, November 2, 2017 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, prioritizes sustainability and innovation to support the diversified needs and fast-changing demands of the coatings sector in its latest products and solutions set for ChinaCoat 2017.
Market-firsts, renewable ingredients, trend-capturing insights and colors, plus opportunities to simplify production, and improve the handling, application, protective functions and aesthetics of paints and coatings, live up to high industry expectations for decorative, automotive, industrial and wood applications.
Clariant's dedication to enhancing sustainability, functionality and convenience for the industry, will take center stage at Booth W2.E21-28. Highlights of its recent advances to its portfolio, include:
Supporting the trend to bio-based ingredients & eco-labels
- As the industry's first renewable-based, VOC/SVOC-free1 and hazard label-free neutralizing agent, the new 3-in-1, sugar-based Genamin® Gluco 50 additive supports formulators in meeting consumer demand for low odor, healthier and easy-to-apply indoor paints.
Genamin Gluco 50 is awarded Clariant's EcoTain® label for sustainability excellence. To date, Clariant offers more than 150 EcoTain® products that often outperform conventional products not only in terms of profitability but also with respect to performance and sustainability.
Improving customer convenience
- The Hostatint™ WI, a range of aqueous, binder-free pigment preparations designed for water-based industrial coatings based on non-ionic and/or anionic wetting and dispersing agents with excellent color strength and high chroma in water-based industrial coatings.
- Visitors can draw insights on the automotive industry's forthcoming color trends through the Automotive Styling Shades Trendbook 2019, which is based on Clariant's color know-how and observations of social trends, topics and industry developments.
Specifically for China
As the domestic market in China continues to grow, Clariant offers products tailor-made and optimized to satisfy the specific needs of the local market, including:
- Ceridust® 2740 TP, a blend that is easy to incorporate into water- and solventborne industrial coating systems. Used in wood coatings it provides excellent matting and high clarity properties while Ceridust 9322 F TP, a PTFE-modified solution, provides very high scratch resistance levels to solventborne wood coatings. Both solutions can also be used in powder coatings.
- With Exolit® AP 428, a new flame retardant based on ammonium polyphosphate, Clariant provides a grade which greatly simplifies the production of waterborne intumescent coatings.
- Hostavin® 3070 Disp, a light stabilizer dispersion with 52% active content, offers a "label free" alternative to traditional HALS currently used in waterborne systems. Available to global customers, it is of particular relevance to the growing demands for sustainable materials in China. Hostavin 3070 Disp has been awarded the Clariant EcoTain label for its outstanding sustainability and performance profile.
- Dispersogen® 2778, an APEO-free dispersing agent for pigments, excellent dispersing effect for waterborne pigment preparation of carbon black and organic pigment.
Clariant will be exhibiting at booth no. W2.E21-28 during ChinaCoat 2017 to be held on 15-17 November 2017 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre (SNIEC). A number of technical seminars have been scheduled during ChinaCoat to elaborate on Clariant's products and invite in-depth discussion with visitors.
EcoTain - certified products have an outstanding sustainability profile. Clariant's EcoTain label is only awarded to products that are identified as best-in-class for sustainability and performance excellence to customers. Products are screened against 36 criteria across three dimensions: social, environment, and economic.
1 VOC-free means the VOC content is below the measurable threshold of 0.1% according to ISO 11890-2.™ TRADEMARK® TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.