Clariant set to take hair care by storm with new Genadvance™ hair conditioning ingredients
- Three new conditioning ingredients to revolutionize customized hair care
- Excellent conditioning performance overcomes conventional quats limitation, enables new formulation formats
- Address consumer preference for more environmentally-compatible ingredients
Muttenz, April 18, 2018 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, today opens the door to new innovative hair care formats for tackling damaged, dry, or thin, lifeless hair with the launch of a new generation of conditioning ingredients, Genadvance.
Unveiled at in-cosmetics Global 2018, Clariant's most advanced range is founded on meticulous consumer research across the globe and a focused scientific approach that delivers a "first" for the hair care industry in terms of targeted conditioning performance.
From the three ingredients in the range, each delivers specific benefits for the three identified customer needs segments: firstly, naturally thin, fine hair due to stressful lifestyle, genetics or ageing; secondly, heavily damaged or weak hair due to heat exposure or chemical treatments; and thirdly, naturally dry hair due to everyday elements.
Performance-wise, the Genadvance ingredients are proven to surpass the current quats in such applications as rinse-off conditioners and conditioning shampoos. At the same time, they enable the development of individualized products for very damaged, dry and lifeless hair, and therefore support formulators and brand owners in responding to the general consumer desire for customized hair and beauty products. Additionally, novel formulation formats can be accessed with Genadvance, enabling formulators to satisfy consumers not only with performance but also the look and feel of the cosmetic products.
- Genadvance Repair does what its name promises, making damaged hair sleek, smooth and healthy again. It also prevents further damage much better than current damage-protecting ingredients. Genadvance Repair is probably the most weight efficient ingredient in its class, so very economic to use. Suitable applications include masks and treatments, shampoos and conditioners.
- Genadvance Life brings hair back to life. The conditioning ingredient is particularly effective on thin and limp hair, revitalizing it through volume and shine. It will not make hair frizzy, can be used in many hair care formats, especially in silicone-free products, and it is very eco-friendly. Ideal for shampoos and conditioners.
- Genadvance Hydra is a 100% naturally derived ingredient, EcoCert™ approved, and for hair's everyday wear and tear. Coming from a family of natural moisturizers, it delivers a great after-feel on dry hair, making it feel moisturized and manageable. Because of its properties, it can be used at high levels, also in products for children. Genadvance Hydra is ideal for natural hair care products, shampoos and conditioners.
Genadvance Hydra and Genadvance Life have been awarded with Clariant's EcoTain® sustainable excellence label for providing sustainable benefits above market standard.
Ralf Zerrer, Global Head Innovation and Strategic Marketing at Clariant's Industrial & Consumer Specialties Business, said: "Mechanical manipulation, heat, chemicals, and everyday elements take their toll on hair but until now the hair care industry has lacked the specialized solutions to really tackle hair's vulnerability head-on. Because not all dry and damaged hair is the same - consumers with thin and limp hair want it to be full of life, others want heavily damaged weak hair to be strong again, while those with naturally dry hair are desperate to rehydrate it – our hair care experts are delighted to offer a range of three innovative ingredients that beat conventional quats in conditioning performance and target individual needs."
During in-cosmetics Global, the Clariant Personal Care team is showcasing new hair conditioning formulations based on Genadvance Life, Genadvance Repair and Genadvance Hydra to give visitors a first-hand opportunity to experience their potential. On Tuesday, April 17 at 13:50-14:20, Clariant will present Genadvance in the lecture "New customized solutions for hair conditioning" in Theatre 2 at the RAI Amsterdam.
Meet the team at in-cosmetics Global, Booth H90, RAI Amsterdam, April 17-19, 2018.
And for more information, go to www.clariant.com/genadvance.
EcoTain® IS A TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.
EcoCert™ IS A TRADEMARK OF ECOCERT GREENLIFE
 To achieve this understanding the company follows an intensive screening program for every product based on 36 criteria that look at all 3 dimensions of sustainability: People, Planet and Performance. This Portfolio Value Program (PVP) was developed by Clariant together with a NGO, customers and other external stakeholders. It is used company-wide to evaluate the sustainability of a product across its entire life cycle, also in relation to benchmark products, with only "best-in-class" products achieving EcoTain® status.