Clariant offers new perspective on sustainability to coatings producers at European Coatings Show 2019
- Discover Clariant’s solutions for a sustainable city at Booth 7-123
- High performance additives and colors for future-proof, convenient trend-focused coatings
- New products & Automotive Styling Trendbook 2021-23 launches
Muttenz, December 19, 2018 – Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, teases the first insights into its immersive European Coatings Show 2019 showcase inspired by the global need for sustainable cities (Booth 7-123).
Under the theme ‘Think.Do.Paint! For a new perspective’, Clariant invites visitors to discover colors and additives developed to help decorative, industrial and automotive coatings make a sustainable difference to the various elements of the urbanization megatrend: homes, buildings, construction, transport and lifestyle products.
In addition, the colors of the future for automotive exteriors are ready to be explored with the launch of Clariant’s new Automotive Styling Shades Trendbook 2021-2023.
People from all key industries and end market application areas for paints and coatings will be able to find added value benefits and application design freedom from the wide range of innovative Clariant products available:
Safer, easier to use, sustainable solutions for homes, buildings & construction
- New sustainable 2-in-1 dispersion additive for manufacturing safer, easier to apply, biocide-free formulations that are suitable for ecolabeled indoor paints for home and building decoration.
- New dispersant additive for waterborne organic and selective inorganic pigment and carbon black concentrates, offering enhanced colors, improved storage stability, low foaming and easier formulation.
- Sustainable wax additive based on 100% renewable resources, providing smooth touch and high scratch resistance to wood and offering enhanced pigment dispersion to increase color strength of powder coatings.
- Clariant EcoTain® certified light stabilizers for waterborne coatings, suitable for plastic, clearcoat and architectural façade coatings, bringing sustainability and performance together.
- Non-halogenated flame retardants – colorless key ingredient for transparent intumescent wood coatings, suitable on dark and light colored wood, meeting stringent fire regulations for public building applications, and ingredients for steel prolonging the shelf-life of water-based intumescent coatings and improving safety under challenging weather conditions.
- Efficient and economic production of high volume color shades for industry applications such as container ships, agricultural and construction machinery and off highway vehicles.
- Structuring of megacities with decorative roadmarkings manufactured with easy dispersible technologies.
Sustainable color boost for ‘lifestyle’ consumer goods, equipment & vehicles
- Sustainable high-performance DPP (Diketopyrrolopyrrol) pigments for brillant colors, with very high resistance to heat and UV weathering, for industrial, decorative and automotive coatings.
- Ready-to-use ‘super transparent’ preparations based on non-halogenated pigments for fast creation of latest designer colors and eye-catching metallic and mineral effects for consumer products needing a high quality aesthetic surface finish.
- Launch of Clariant’s new Automotive Styling Shades Trendbook 2021-2023.
Visit Clariant’s Business Units Additives, Industrial & Consumer Specialties, and Pigments at European Coatings Show 2019 at the Nuremberg Exhibition Center, March 19-21, 2019.
EcoTain® IS A TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.
This information corresponds to the present state of our knowledge and is intended as a general description of our products and their possible applications. Clariant makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the information’s accuracy, adequacy, sufficiency or freedom from defect and assumes no liability in connection with any use of this information. Any user of this product is responsible for determining the suitability of Clariant’s products for its particular application.<br /> <br /> * Nothing included in this information waives any of Clariant’s General Terms and Conditions of Sale, which control unless it agrees otherwise in writing. Any existing intellectual/industrial property rights must be observed. Due to possible changes in our products and applicable national and international regulations and laws, the status of our products could change. Material Safety Data Sheets providing safety precautions, that should be observed when handling or storing Clariant products, are available upon request and are provided in compliance with applicable law. You should obtain and review the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet information before handling any of these products. For additional information, please contact Clariant.<br /> <br /> * For sales to customers located within the United States and Canada the following applies in addition: No express or implied warranty is made of the merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise of any product or service.<br /> <br /> © Trademark of Clariant registered in many countries.<br /> ® 2019 Clariant International Ltd