Clariant at ACS 2022 Discover Beyond Color innovation for high-performance coatings products
- Sustainability: benefit from 100% bio-based surfactants & processing aids
- Performance: new formulations to extend storage stability & reduce process foaming
- Innovation: develop 2K epoxy coatings with improved weathering
CHARLOTTE, February 15, 2022 - Visit the Clariant booth at the American Coatings Show this April 5-7, 2022 to #asktheexpert about innovations “Beyond Color” that differentiate and enhance the performance, compliance, and sustainability of paints and coatings (Booth 2846).
“The coatings industry is evolving. As specialists in collaborative problem solving, we’re excited to bring multifunctional solutions that elevate performance and inspire innovation to address industry-wide challenges and the toughest, application-specific unmet needs,“ explains Ray Gonzales, Head of Additives Sales - North America, Clariant.
Clariant will feature its wide-ranging formulation tools and additives for formulators and manufacturers that meet emerging trends, regulatory changes, and higher performance requirements as the industry transitions to creating more sustainable consumer and industrial products.
“Clariant presents a new VITA range of surfactants & polyethylene glycols (PEGs), a 100% bio-based portfolio that sets a new standard in green surfactants by raising the renewable carbon content of the end product. Simplifying the formulation process and handling of water-based paints is key to help address new regulations while boosting protection and aesthetics,” comments Jeff McManus, Head of Industrial & Consumer Specialties, Industrial Applications, Clariant.
Explore Clariant’s latest innovative developments with its experts at booth 2846 and discover extensive support found beyond color in a series of on-show presentations featured below.
Sustainability Beyond Color
- Maximize the renewable carbon content of paints, coatings and inks with Clariant’s new range of surfactants, polyglycols and other processing aids to support formulators and brands with their sustainability efforts. This VITA range is fully segregated, 100% based on plant-based carbon via bio-ethanol. The products contribute to removing fossil carbon from the value chain while offering the same performance and efficiency as fossil-based versions.
Solutions for Carbon Negativity with Green Ethoxylated Derivatives
(Wednesday, April 6, 2:40 – 2:55 pm | Speaker: Sebastian Prock, Global Marketing Segment Leader Industrial Applications)
- Ceridust® 1041 VITA and Ceridust 1060 VITA are sustainable waxes offering very effective matting and scratch resistance properties while providing a soft touch feel in wood coatings and brighter colors in powder coatings.
Improve wood coatings and powder coatings using modified natural waxes
(Tuesday, April 5, 11:20 – 11:35 am | Speaker: Michael Watson, Technical Segment Manager, Coatings and Inks, North America)
Performance Beyond Color
- Adding Dispersogen® PLF 100 to pigment pastes boosts several key aspects when formulating color concentrates. As well as achieving high color strength and significantly improved pigment loading, it extends storage stability, reduces viscosities, reduces process foaming, and reduces color blocking and minimizes leaching.
Redefine Color and Performance with a Novel Waterborne Polymeric Dispersant.
(Thursday, April 7, 10:00 – 10:15 am | Speaker: Mark Coward, New Business Development Manager, North America)
Innovation Beyond Color
- Improve the weathering performance of 2K epoxy coatings while addressing the current regulatory changes for light stabilizers. We are excited for our technical expert, Dr. Mouhcine Kanouni to present Clariant’s new additive solution to support paint formulators in overcoming durability and classification challenges.
American Coatings Conference - April 6 2022, Session 7, 09:30 - 10:00.
® TRADEMARK OF CLARIANT REGISTERED IN MANY COUNTRIES.