Exolit® OP 935
Finer grained version of phosphinate flame retardant Exolit OP 930 for adhesive applications
- Edition Date :
- January 16, 2014
- Based on an organic metal phosphinate
- Not hygroscopic, insoluble in water and common organic solvents like acetone, dichloromethane, MEK, toluene
- Good hydrolysis resistance
- Can easily be dispersed in solvents like acetone or MEK
- Halogen-free flame retardant with a high phosphorus content which is suitable for use in both thermoplastic and thermoset applications to meet the most stringent fire retardancy standards
- Suited for thermoplastic elastomers for cable applications
- Particularly suitable for very thin adhesive applications like flexible printed circuit boards due to its specifically designed particle size distribution; can be readily dispersed in epoxy resin systems when a high shear mixer is used
- Low smoke toxicity
- Non-halogenated flame retardant with favorable environmental and health profile
Safety and MSDSFurther safety data and handling information are available from our current Material Safety Data Sheet. For disposal in accordance with the regulations the product should be treated as special waste and taken to a suitable incineration plant.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Characteristics Unit Target Value DS¹) TD²) Test Method Phosphorus %(w/w) 23.3 - 24.0
Photometry after oxidizing dissolution; (11/17) or wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry; (11/23) Water / Moisture %(w/w) ≤ 0.5
Thermogravimetry 130°C; (11/03) Density g/cm³ 1.35
Bulk Density g/cm³ 100 - 250
Decomposition Temperature °C > 300
Particle Size Distribution µm
Laser diffraction in acetone; (11/47) D95 ≤ 10 ¹) Delivery specification: The product is monitored on a regular basis to ensure that it adheres to the specified values. Test methods: Clariant method numbers 11/xx in brackets.
²) Technical data: The technical data are used solely to describe the product and are not subject to regular monitoring.
ApplicationsExolit OP 935 is a halogen-free flame retardant with a high phosphorus content which is suitable for use in both thermoplastic and thermoset applications where the most stringent fire retardancy standards must be met.
Due to its specifically designed particle size distribution, Exolit OP 935 is particularly suitable for very thin adhesive applications like flexible printed circuits. It can be readily dispersed in epoxy resin systems when a high shear mixer is used.
Classification: UL 94: class V-1, 1.6 mm
concentration: approx. 10 parts Exolit / 100 parts resin
Classification: UL 94: class V-0, 1.6 mm
concentration: approx. 30 parts Exolit / 100 parts resin
or in combination with modified resins
or other flame retardants like ATH
Packaging and HandlingDelivery form
Exolit OP 935 is delivered in 25 kg cartons.
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.
More InformationFor more details see our Innovation Spotlight video.
EcoTain®Products that offer outstanding sustainability advantages are awarded Clariant’s EcoTain® label. EcoTain® products significantly exceed sustainability market standards, have best-in-class performance and contribute overall to sustainability efforts of the company and our customers. Find out more about: EcoTain®.PEOPLE
- Non hazardous, studies on life cycle data available.
- Saves lives and assets as a (halogen free) flame retardant. Supports the attainability of eco-lables for customer products.
- Phosphorus is on the EU list of critical raw materials but recycling is possible and actively investigated.
- Very efficient production process with high yield, minimized waste and low water consumption.
- Extensive work with customers along the value chain, optimizing material performance and evaluating life cycle aspects with stakeholders.
- Efficient at comparatively low loadings. Synergies with other halogen free flame retardants. High tracking resistance in E&E applications.