High-Performance Catalyst for Selective Dehydrogenation & Dealkylation of Hydrocarbons to Produce On-Purpose Propylene
Clariant’s CATOFIN® catalyst is tailor made for the production of on-purpose propylene via CATOFIN technology. Based on the Houdry process of catalytic cracking, CATOFIN technology and catalysts allow highly efficient dehydrogenation of isobutane, n-butane or propane to isobutylene, n-butenes or propylene, respectively. The reliable, proven process uses fixed-bed reactors and operates at optimum pressure and temperature to maximize catalytic dehydrogenation of alkanes for high yields of alkenes at low costs.
- CATOFIN® is a large scale proven process for on-purpose olefins production with the highest reliability and flexibility
- Catalyst provides the highest selectivity of propane to propylene
- Fast start-up time and high on-stream factor, proven commercially
- Outstanding Robustness: tolerates lower quality feedstocks and any C3/C4 feed
- Heat-Generating Material (HGM) provides additional heat within the catalyst bed: increases selectivity and allows for lower air-inlet temperatures, thus saving energy costs
External Publications online
August 15, 2019Successful startup of world’s largest dehydrogenation plant using Clariant’s CATOFIN® catalyst technologyClariant announced the successful startup of its CATOFIN catalyst at Hengli Group’s new mixed-feed dehydrogenation plant in Dalian, China. The new unit combines propane dehydrogenation (PDH) with iso-butane dehydrogenation (BDH) process technologies, and it will produce over 1 million tons of olefins per year -- becoming the world’s largest plant using CATOFIN catalyst technology.more
October 17, 2018Clariant, a world leader in specialty chemicals, announced today that it was awarded a long-term supply contract by INEOS to supply CATOFIN catalysts and Heat Generating Material (HGM) for a major propane dehydrogenation plant to be constructed in Europe. Scheduled for completion in 2023, the facility is designed to produce 750,000 metric tons of propylene annually, which will make it the largest propane dehydrogenation plant in Europe.more
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).