White Paper: Bentonite Desiccants
The natural sustainable desiccant solution for moisture controlled packaging
Desiccants are hygroscopic (moisture-adsorbent) substances that are packaged and used to protect a broad range of products from degradation due to moisture, helping to maintain product quality and shelf life. Two of the most widely used and well-known desiccants are bentonite clay and silica gel, which are used to protect products ranging from textiles, leather goods, electronics, metal components, and foods to pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and medical devices.
Packaging engineers responsible for ensuring the quality and shelf life of packaged products face a range of considerations when it comes to sourcing the desiccant that is right for their applications. Our white paper, found below, Bentonite desiccants - The natural, sustainable desiccant solution for moisture controlled packaging, examines the composition, moisture adsorption performance, production requirements, and environmental impact of bentonite clay and silica gel.
Also available for download, found below, our Infographic: Desi Pak® - Bentonite clay based desiccants, ADVANTAGES OF A NATURAL MINERAL
If you have questions about this white paper or would like more information about our desiccants, humidity indicator, or oxygen absorber solutions, please call us or email email@example.com
Join us on:
- Bentonite desiccants effectively adsorb moisture in product packaging to combat and help prevent moisture’s damaging effects such as corrosion, mold and degradation.
- Clariant has a global network of mines, secure supply, efficient logistics, and unparalleled packaging application services worldwide.
- Production of bentonite desiccants have less impact on the environment: no harsh chemicals used in production, and the re-cultivation and re-naturalizing of mined sites.
- Used for a variety of industries such as semiconductor, electronic, logistics, industrial, food, pharmaceutical, military, machinery, and automobile.
- Clariant offers bentonite desiccants that meet all relevant MIL-Spec requirements for military and defense applications; as well as comply with JEDEC for semiconductor packaging; Single bags as standard according to DIN / AFNOR /MIL
- Available in different configurations: bags, single packets, and continuous strips for automatic insertion.
Please contact us for safety and regulatory details or the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).