- Non-hygroscopic, insoluble in water and organic solvents
- High efficiency due to its high phosphorus content
- UL 94 V-0 rating down to 0.4 mm thickness
- Suitable for both glass fibre reinforced and unreinforced grades
- The flame retarded polyester compounds exhibit good physical and excellent electrical properties
- Good colorability
- Versatile use with synergists
· Non-halogenated flame retardant with favorable environmental and health profile
· 100 % of carbon content are by mass balance certificate from renewable resources
- Renewable resources are non-food competing
- Usage of renewable raw material is certified by supplier following the mass balance principle
|Characteristics||Unit||Target Value||DS¹)||TD²)||Test Method|
|Phosphorus||%(w/w)||23.3 - 24.0|
|Photometry after oxidizing dissolution; (11/17) or wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry; (11/23)|
|Water / Moisture||%(w/w)||max. 0.2|
|at 20° C|
|Bulk Density||kg/m³||400 - 600|
|Decomposition Temperature||°C||> 300|
|(TGA 2% weight loss)|
|Average Particle Size (D50)||µm||25 - 50|
|¹) Delivery specification: The product is monitored on a regular basis to ensure that it adheres to the specified values. Test methods: Clariant method numbers 11/xx in brackets.|
²) Technical data: The technical data are used solely to describe the product and are not subject to regular monitoring.
Exolit OP 1240 Terra was developed especially for the use in polyesters. It is suitable for both glass fibre reinforced and unreinforced grades. The flame retarded polyester compounds exhibit very good physical and electrical properties.
In PBT, a dosage of 20 % (by wt.) Exolit OP 1240 Terra is usually sufficient to obtain the UL 94 V-0 classification for electrical components (at 1.6 down to 0.4 mm thicknesses). In PET, less than 15 % are required to pass UL 94 V-0. Synergistic effects are known with other flame retardants like melamine polyphosphate and or melamine cyanurate.
Subject to the polymer grade, processing conditions and glass fibre reinforcement the dosage of the flame retardant may vary.
Exolit OP 1240 Terra is delivered in 20 kg paper bags with PE inliner.
For regulatory details such as the classification and labelling as dangerous substances or goods please refer to our corresponding Material Safety Data Sheet. The product should be stored in tightly closed packaging in a dry place at room temperature.
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.