- Outstanding thermal stability - widest processing window within Exolit OP product range for polyamides
- UL 94V-0 rating down to 0.4 mm thickness
- The flame retardant polyamide compounds exihibt very good physical and excellent electrical properties
- Low material density
- Good colorability
- Good contrast in laser marking
- Non-halogenated flame retardants with favorable environmental and health profile
- Shows a high-potential for mechanical recycling while maintaining the flame retardancy and other properties.Renewable resources are non-food competing
- Usage of renewable raw material is certified by supplier following the mass balance principle.
|Phosphorus||(w/w)||24.5-25.5||Photometry after oxidizing dissolution; (11/17) or wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometry; (11/23)|
|Moisture content (IR lamp)||% (by wt.)||max. 0.5||Karl-Fischer titration; (11/21)|
|Decomposition temperature ||°C||350||(DTA/TG 2% weight loss, air)|
|Density at 20°C||g/cm3||approx. 1.45|
|Bulk Density||kg/m3||approx. 466||(DIN 53466)|
Before incorporating Exolit OP 1400 Terra, it is important to pre-dry the polyamide as usual. If possible, the resulting moisture content should be below 0.1 % (by wt.). Pre-drying of Exolit OP 1400 Terra is not necessary. However, pre-drying (e.g. 4 h at 120 °C) is recommended, if even very low moisture contents must be avoided.
The mixing and processing methods customary in powder processing of polymers can be used with Exolit OP 1400 Terra. The VDI Guideline 2263 Prevention of dust fires and dust explosions or the relevant national regulations must be observed.
The optimum conditions for incorporating should be determined in each individual case. Care must be taken to ensure homogeneous dispersion of all components. The temperature of the polymer melt should not exceed 340 °C.
Exolit OP 1400 Terra is delivered in 20 kg paper bags with PE inliner.
StorageFor regulatory details such as the classification and
labelling as dangerous substances or goods please refer to our corresponding
Material Safety Data Sheet. The product should be stored in tightly closed
packaging in a dry place at room temperature.
Minimum shelf life is 12 months from the date of shipping when stored according to the said conditions.