Catalysts for Olefin Polymerization
Polypropylene is used in many different applications – from food packaging to polymer banknotes. Catalysts play an important role in the polymerization of propylene to polypropylene (PP).
PolyMax® 600 Series Phthalate-Free Catalysts
Clariant's PolyMax 600 Series polypropylene catalysts demonstrate a new level of industry performance. Due to a new proprietary technology, catalyst activity is improved up to 25% compared to phthalate-based catalysts. This new technology results in higher plant productivity and superior polymer properties, such as increased impact strength for better durability.
Due to a unique chemical structure,
PolyMax® 500 Polypropylene Catalyst Series
The PolyMax 500 catalyst is a series of Ziegler-Natta (ZN) catalysts highly optimized for the manufacture of polypropylene (PP) grades in a variety of different process platforms.
- PolyMax 500 catalysts enable PP producers to manufacture their entire product range without cumbersome catalyst changes.
- PP producers benefit from an excellent morphology control during polymerization.
- A process-optimized catalyst activity level, in combination with excellent isotacticity control, ensures globally competitive operational costs while maintaining full process control.
- PolyMax 500 catalysts are commercially proven in numerous PP production lines including the major bulk, bulk loop, and gas phase processes.
- The catalyst is available in different particle sizes to fit the needs of diverse PP processes. PolyMax 500S offers a smaller size, which is uniquely adapted to gas-phase processes.