Benefits of our Licocare® rice bran waxes
The Licocare® RBW Vita portfolio offers various valuable features and benefits to plastics compounders and masterbatch producers to fulfill demanding requirements set by industries such as transportation and electrical & electronics producers. Our high performing waxes improve melt flow, ease mold release force and ensure a more homogeneous distribution of pigments. The bio-based additive solutions also have an excellent environmental profile which is conducive to achieving corporate sustainability targets.
Clariant has earned a Gold level Material Health Certificate for Licocare® RBW Vita, which is awarded to products that meet the Material Health requirements of the multi-attribute Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Product Standard. Furthermore, the Licocare® RBW Vita range has also been awarded the “OK compost INDUSTRIAL” certificate from TÜV Austria Cert GmbH. Also, the Licocare® RBW 102 Vita was awarded the “OK biodegradable SOIL” label. Herewith, Clariant contributes to the development of industrially compostable plastics as well as biodegradable coatings for agriculture.
- No hazard labels
- Based on renewable resources with real renewable content of at least 98% RCI (Renewable Carbon Index)
- Contributes to efficiency and energy saving in production
- Lower product carbon footprint compared to comparable montan wax equivalents
- Made from non-food competing by-product of rice bran oil production, improving the rice value chain
- Carries the Clariant EcoTain® label
Key product features
- Improved melt flow
- Lower mold release force
- High temperature stability
- Low volatility and migration
- Effective dispersion of fillers & pigments
- Better color and appearance (lighter) compared to legacy products
- Improved shaping flexibility
- Reduced rejection rates
- Better mechanical properties
- Smooth surfaces
- Increased productivity through shorter cycle times
- Constant output and controlled unit costs
- Contributes to achieving your corporate sustainability targets
Renewable, non-food-competing feedstock
Find the right rice bran wax for your polymer and application
- Maximize organic pigment dispersion with Ceridust 1060 Vita.
A faster process, while reducing roller and mold sticking may be achieved with Licocare RBW 102 Vita.
Gloss improvements in highly-filled PP molded parts can be seen with Licocare RBW 300 Vita.
Improved material flow and excellent release is provided with Licocare RBW 102 Vita.
Application tests by Clariant show that Licocare® RBW Vita solutions achieve higher performance levels compared to alternative solutions on the market. Application data for other polymer types also available.
From rice grain to Licocare® RBW Vita
Our multi-purpose additives are derived from crude rice bran wax. This is a by-product from the production of rice bran oil. Clariant chemically and physically upgrades this renewable raw material and thus contributes to using the rice grain's full value. With biobased solutions like our Licocare® RBW Vita additives, we take the sustainable enhancement of plastics to the next level. Watch how we innovate to improve plastics.